Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Belli Challenge #70 - Metal Tags

Before we begin this week's Belli Challenge, we would like to introduce you to one of our newest members of the Design Team. Fern Riley does awesome work with both cards and scrapbooking pages. We are so happy to have her on the Belli Girls team!

***************************************************************



Hi everyone, My name is Fern Riley, and I'm a good ole Texas country girl. I live between Lockhart and Bastrop, Texas, along with my dear sweet husband, Rick, of 32 years. We have two children, Levi ~ 29, married with 2 children, and Amanda ~ 27, married, no children just yet. Maybe real soon!!

I have worked in the Title Insurance Business since 1979, and although I love what I do, I am so ready to retire and spend more time with my grand babies and scrapbook/card creating in my awesome scrap room my husband built me last year. I started scrapbooking 4 years ago when my first grand baby, Savannah, was born. My DIL invited me to a Stampin' Up Party, and I've been hooked ever since. After that I started surfing the web and found SCS and started making cards for all of their challenges.

My husband and I realized that because I worked full time, I had to scale back, and I really needed to get back into scrapbooking since I now have another grand baby (Colten), who is now 8 months old. So today, I'm trying to divide my time to both card making and scrapbooking. If you haven't noticed from my work, I love to create sorta "out of the box". Whenever I go shopping I am always looking at everything two ways; 1) the way you're supposed to use it, and 2) can I use this on a card or scrapbook page? You would be surprised what all you can find outside of the craft department that will work on cards/scrapbook pages. I have learned so much from different websites, magazines, and even a card swap, but there's so much more for me to learn.

I am honored to be a member of this fabulous team, and I just hope that I can keep up with this talented group of ladies... I'm also truly amazed at the beautiful/creative cards being uploaded weekly to the Creative Belli Challenge Blog. That's one thing I love about this craft, everybody has their own way they interpret the challenge and there's no wrong way, isn't that wonderful!! So, let's all have some fun and keep those creative juices flowing. Happy stamping everyone!!

****************************************************************


This week's Belli Challenge is to use metal tags on your cards or projects. You don't have metal tags? No problem! Make a faux metal tag, use metal hardware, use a metal edge tag, or even a metal charm. You can make a faux metal tag in several different ways. Paint a chipboard tag with metal paint, emboss some cardstock with metal embossing powder, or you could even use metal cardstock (silver, gold, copper, etc...) shaped like a tag.

Our Belli Girls came up with lots of different ideas for our challenge today. Enjoy the eye candy!


Robin Kirkpatrick:


Joan Ervin:


Fern Riley:


Holly Brown:


Debbie Daniels:


Dani Marcus:


Chris Dickinson


Ceal Pritchett:


Anne Harmon:


Anne Harada:



Go create something with a metal tag, and share your link with us. We'd love to see what you came up with. If you post to SCS or to PCP, please use keyword CBC70. Don't forget to add your link to our Linky widget below. :-)



3 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Welcome Fern, so happy to see you join the other fabulous designers! All the cards by the DT are wonderful this week as usual, so nice to see how the metal tags are used in different ways!

Denise Clark said...

All the inspirational cards are just wonderful. I hope I can get to this challenge!

suzARTe said...

Just posted my card on Mr Linky. Apologies about posting twice, first link didn't work.